The following is an event notification from the City of Santa Monica.
Monday, Oct 30, 2023
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Join the City Planning Division for a Town Hall on new housing development regulations. The City will be hosting two separate events to allow broad participation, one virtually on October 30, 2023, and another in person in the Council Chambers on November 8, 2023.
The Town Hall will review recent updates to the City’s Affordable Housing Production Program (AHPP) and how it relates to State Density Bonus Law. You will leave with a better understanding of the affordable requirements for housing projects and how that provides them with additional development opportunity in compliance with State law. The Town hall will go over the following:
- Updates to the AHPP and what the new requirements are for housing projects;
- How State Density Bonus Law works and what it provides to housing projects;
- How the AHPP and density bonus law work together to provide more housing; and
- Question and answer.
Where and When?
The event will be held twice to allow for both virtual and in-person attendance. Please note that the same information will be presented at both meetings. See below for details:
- Virtual Town Hall
- October 30, 2023, 7:00PM to 9:00PM
- Join via Microsoft Teams
- or Dial-in at (310) 883-7522, followed by Conference ID: 371 084 430 #
2. In-Person Town hall
- November 8, 2023, 7:00PM to 9:00PM
- Council Chambers at City Hall (1685 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA