Halloween Main St Festival THIS Weekend! Main St. will again be transforming into a pedestrian plaza all weekend – enjoy a bite at one of the picnic tables, live music, a beer garden & more! Click here for the full lineup.
OPA Education Task Force Monthly Meeting (Friday 12pm): Click here to email Christina Allen for more info.
LGBTQIA+ OPA Meet Up Next Wednesday: We’re connecting queer community in Santa Monica. Come meet your LGBTQIA+ neighbors & allies, have fun, chat about queer community (etc), and grab light bites & drinks. Everyone is welcome! Event hosted by The Network, a LGBTQIA+ OPA Initiative on Wednesday, Oct. 25, 6:30-8:30 PM @ LULA Cocina Mexicana (2720 Main St).
SOCKtober is back! “Participate in Santa MoniCARES’ SOCKtober collection drive now until Tuesday, Oct. 31, to make an impact in our community. Last year, we gathered 1,100 pairs of socks, and this year, we aim to match or beat that number. Socks are the #1 requested item in homeless shelters and rehab facilities, so please donate new socks for all ages at SMTT’s Visitor Center, 2427 Main St. Let’s warm hearts and toes together this SOCKtober!”
47-Unit Multifamily Property Opens @ 2903 Lincoln Blvd.: This SaMo Mirror report has such details as “monthly rents range from around $2,900 to $5,600” and “Amenities include a roof deck with two gas fireplaces and BBQ’s, along with a courtyard with lounge seating and dining tables.” It also has about 15,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial space, which its website states will in part be occupied by bakery chain Tartine and a Nike Run Club location.
SaMo Participating In ‘Great California ShakeOut of 2023: Residents can “drop, cover and hold on” Thursday as a part of the 2023 Great ShakeOut earthquake drill. The Greats California Shakeout of 2023 is scheduled for 10:19 a.m. on Thursday. More details here.
Things To Do This Weekend:
- Pier Locals Night (Thursday 3:30 – 10p.m.): Expect youth activities, a car show, local DJs and live music from local bands, art exhibits, a Mezcal Tasting, and more! More details here.
- Fall Fest (Friday, 6:00 – 10:00p.m.): Big Talk and Dogtown Coffee are hosting this “celebratory evening of live music, Big Talk conversations, wine & paint, food, drinks, a community showcase, and more!” $15.
- Main Street Community Garden Open House: “Join us for a stroll through this magical habitat just a few blocks from the Pacific Ocean. Grab a complimentary cup of coffee and see what the buzz is all about. Might be the bees and butterflies, might just be the chatter about our new project, the 19th Street Community Farm and Wellness Center, coming soon to the Pico Neighborhood. This event is free and open to the public.” Saturday, 9 – 11a.m. @ 2318 Main St.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention “Out of the Darkness” Walk (Saturday, 9:00 – 10:00a.m.): This “Walk is a journey of remembrance, hope, and support. It unites our communities and provides an opportunity to acknowledge the ways in which suicide and mental health conditions have affected our lives and the lives of those we care about and love. Come and participate in the walk or our many activities!”
- Coffee with a Cop at Virginia Ave Park Farmer’s Market (Saturday 9am-12pm)
- Heal the Bay “Nothin’ But Sand” Beach Cleanup (Saturday, 10a.m.): More details here on how to participate.
- Church of Ocean Park Re-Opening Celebration (Saturday 4-6pm): 4pm is Grand Re Opening Celebration, followed by refreshments in the Church’s Side Yard @ 5pm. More details here.
- Main St. Sunday Farmers Market: “Join us at the Main Street Farmers Market this Sunday as we kick off the second day of October Open Main Street. Starting at 9am, Adriana Bravo takes the stage followed by Lottie Johnston from 11am-1pm! The Bach2Rock Instrument Petting Zoo will be on the lawn and Kiki and the Sunnyside Chalkers will be bringing a rainbow of fun.”