4th of July Main St Parade Update: The parade returns to running from north near City Hall and head south towards Venice and starts at 9:30am. We need more volunteers to help with day of event logistics. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE OR SIGN UP OR VOLUNTEER!
Exterior revealed for “The Wilson” at 2903 Lincoln Blvd: This UrbanizeLA article has renderings and a link to a leasing brochure.
Plastic Film Recycling Pickup: Odds are you have a lot of bubble wrap, used plastic grocery bags, etc. laying around and Ridwell is a new service is augmenting the amazing work the City and other environmental organizations are doing to make our neighborhood a clean and green community. Click here to join this FREE pickup for Plastic Film on June 29th and help us keep the hard-to-recycle plastic out of our landfills and waterways!
Nike Rise: Nike new concept store opened this weekend at Santa Monica Place featuring “cutting-edge digital experiences, a customization station, and more.” More details here and here is a video report.
Power House Lease: This week’s Street Seen does a deep dive on the history of the unique space at 3116 2nd Street @ Marine
DUI / Driver’s License Checkpoint June 30th: This post from the City details the plans.
AquaSurf Scholarship Program: The OP focused surf camp offers scholarships to introduce surfing to the “20% of children in Los Angeles County are living beneath the poverty line.” More details here on the both the program and how to get involved or apply.
- Ashland Hill: The Main St staple launched a “50% of Bottles of Wine on Wednesdays” offer.
- SaMo Seafood Six Week Sustainable Fishing Awareness Campaign: This SMDP article details how the “six week initiative is being broken down into three, different twice-rotating ASC-certified product promotions.”
Things To Do This Week:
- Hands-Only CPR Training (Tuesday 2-4pm): This is a “drop-in event” so no sign up needed. More details here.
- Summer Reading Program: Dance to Express Your Story (Wednesday 2:30pm): “Everyone gets to dance! Dancer Teresa smith gets kids and families moving and grooving to music from around the world. Free tickets available at 2:00 PM. Limited space.” More details here.
- “Celebrate America” SMC Fireworks (Friday Night): Billed as “the biggest, most sensational patriotic event on the Westside,” the free celebration returns after 3-Year hiatus at SMC’s main campus. More details here.
OPA & City Meetings:
- Arts Commission Meeting (Monday @ 7pm): Meetings are held, in-person, in the SMi Training Room, located on the northwest corner of the 2nd floor of the Civic Center Parking Structure (330 Olympic Drive, Santa Monica, CA 90401).
- Airport Commission Meeting (Monday 7pm): More details & agenda here.
- Commission on Sustainability, Environmental Justice, and the Environment (Monday 7pm): More details here.
- City Council Meeting (Tuesday @ 5:30 pm (Public Portion starts closer to 6:30 pm)): Meetings are hybrid and can be viewed on this YouTube channel. Click here for agenda.
- OPA Connects Meeting (Wednesday 12pm): Here is the Zoom link or Click Here to add it to your calendar.