OPA Hosting a Future of SaMo Civic Auditorium Round Table Monday Oct. 9: This month’s OPA meeting will be at the Beach House CoWork (2219 Main St. @ Strand) starting at 6pm with this timing:
- 6:00-6:30: Food & Mingling
- 6:30-6:45: SMPD update
- 6:45-7:45: Civic Auditorium Roundtable featuring the following speakers sharing their positions and answering questions:
- SaveTheCivic.org (represented by Bea Nemlala and Lori Nafshun)
- SMMUSD (represented by Esmeralda (Esmi) Careaga & Carey Upton)
- Community Corp
- City of Santa Monica
- 7:45-8:30: OPA board business
History of the Beach House Cowork Space: This Street Seen details its fascinating history that includes once serving as Bob Dylan’s recording studio.
Movie on the Street Vote – Coco or Ghostbusters?: We’re again hosting an outdoor movie screening of a Halloween classic in the middle of Main Street again this year. To vote for which one you want to see, comment on this Facebook post or this Instagram post. And yes, popcorn will be served for free!
How to Use Santa Monica 311: Have a non-emergency that needs some attention? Whether that’s a couch left on the side of the road or someone that might need some assistance with finding shelter or other support, 311 is a great way to get the service that is needed. Click here to download the 311 Santa Monica App to your phone to get a ticket submitted without having to memorize a phone number.
Waymo Launching a Limited Access “Tour” in SaMo: Waymo is inviting city residents and visitors to experience Waymo One “Click”here to sign up for their waitlist.
Rolling Greens Nursery Coming to Ocean Park: They are transforming the old car wash + auto body shop @ 2573 Lincoln Blvd https://www.rollinggreens.com/pages/santa-monica
World Surf League Moving Out of World HQ on Main St. @ Bay St.: This Surfer article details how the building is for lease / sale for $14M!
Things To Do This Weekend:
- Community Corp Mixer: More details here on the event that costs $75. Thursday, 5:30 – 7:30p.m. @ Solidarity, 1414 Lincoln Blvd.
- Lady & Larder x Stolpman Vineyards So Fresh Wine POP-UP ($60): “Come hang with fellow fresh members while you sip on some of our new releases. We’ll be pouring all your faves and there will be lovely bites provided by Lady & Larder. Thursday, 6 – 8p.m. @ Lady & Larder, 828 Pico Blvd. More details here.
- Community Meeting Re Proposed Development at 2307 Lincoln: The project developers are hosting an online Zoom community meeting about the project on Friday @ 10am. You get the zoom link and learn more about the project at 2307lincoln.com.
- Abbot Kinney First Friday Food Truck Fest: About two dozen food trucks are expected to line the street for this monthly event. Friday, 5:00 – 9:30p.m.
- Superbloom Beach Club: Expect a full-day wellness and music event with a morning workout, live DJs, ice bath, yoga, mindfulness, and sunset disco. Sunday, 11:30a.m. – 7:30p.m. @ Lifeguard Tower 28, 2700 Barnard Way. More details here.
- “The Fans Strike Back” Star Wars Fan Exhibition: Explore one of the largest private Star Wars collections made by fans, for fans. Opens Thursday, Oct. 5 and runs through November @ SaMo Art Museum, 1219 3rd Street Promenade. More details here.
- Main St. Sunday Farmers Market: Expect an event packed day with Kymberly Stewart Kid singalong @ 9am; The GM Jazz Quartet, 10am-1pm; Special guests include: Cabeza de Vaca Folklorico @ 11:15am; Santa Monica Fire Department – safety demo and LA Dept of Health – Hands Only CPR – starting @ 10am. Here is the full October calendar as the market celebrates Farmers and National Food Day all month long.